Lloyd Quesenberry graduated from the University of Iowa in 1992, receiving a degree in Political Science, with Distinction. He was
also a member of Phi Beta Kappa. After graduation, Lloyd served in the United States Peace Corp in Namibia. Upon returning to the
United States, he attended the University of Iowa College of Law, receiving his law degree, with Distinction, in 1997. While attending
law school, Lloyd served as Associate Editor of the Law Review and as a research assistant.
After receiving his law degree, Lloyd
served a one year judicial clerkship with a federal judge in Dallas, Texas. He then moved to Houston to work in the Houston office
of Weil, Gotshal & Manges, LLP, a large international firm based in New York. At WGM, Lloyd gained experience in a wide variety
of complex business matters, including business reorganization, financing, mergers & acquisitions, securities offerings, oil &
gas, and general business matters.
In November of 2003, Lloyd and his wife, Lora, moved to Grand Junction, where he joined the
law firm of Younge & Hockensmith, P.C.. In 2008, he joined Kirk Rider in the formation of Rider & Quesenberry, LLP.
Lloyd has a general business practice, including business transactions, real estate, oil & gas work, and wills & estates.
He also serves as a mediator. Lloyd is often called upon to speak at business seminars.
Lloyd, his wife and their two
children enjoy many of the activities the Western Slope has to offer, such as camping, hiking and motorcycling. Lloyd is involved
in many civic and volunteer activities including:
- Mesa County Bar Association Member (2003-current) - President (2013) and
Board member (2009-current)
- Colorado Bar Association Board of Govenors (2013-2015)
- Grand Junction Lions Club (2003-current)
- Judicial Committee Chair (2005-current) - Large Project Committee member (2011-current)
- Pro Bono Project of Mesa County, Inc. (2011-2012)
- Board Member (2011-2012)
- Grand Junction Chamber of Commerce (2004-current)
- Fruita Chamber of Commerce (2014-current)
- Mesa State College
Foundation Board of Directors (2008-2010)
- Western Colorado Chapter of the American Red Cross - Board Member (2004-2007)
Grand Junction Arts and Culture Commission (2003-2009)
- Grand Junction Sesquicentennial Volunteer